That is indeed an unusual name but this name is delightful to me, thanks to my husband. I guess him being lactose intolerant is not only a blessing to his own health and the cows who are exempted from his demand of ‘the milk’ , but so am I. I love and love it so much more to bake a vegan dessert that is non guilty, healthy, fair to calories and makes my family smile.
So, since today is Friday, my happy day owing to the weekend that follows, it is also my ‘bake day’ and that makes it doubly happy. Today is one day of the week that I feel to dedicate to the majesty of my oven and what more can I ask for, if Som (my blessed lactose intolerant husband 🙂 ) gives my cake the prestige of the beautiful Egyptian queen Nefertiti and so it gets modified and inspired to be the name of my rich mixed berry and walnut cake- ‘Ca’fertiti 😀
This cake is simple and perfect to have with coffee or I might gladly say anytime, whenever you crave for it.
For the recipe, I really do not enjoy scrolling down too much and waste time.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp of salt
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp of white vinegar
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup of water
Signature Ingredients 😉
- mixed dried berries ( easily available, you might want to think of the mixed berries that you throw in your cereal each morning)
- chopped walnuts – my favorite
- 1 Flax egg to add health and softness to this cake ( 1 tbsp of ground/powdered flax seed with 3 tbsp of water)
To Produce this Cake:
- Preheat your oven to 180 degree C or 360 degree F.
- In a bowl, sift and mix all the dry ingredients and in another one all the wet ones.
- You would need to add them together and mix with all your passion and energy to make the right consistency of the cake batter.
- When you are almost done, add the mixed berries and the chopped walnuts to the batter. Remember not to mix them right at the start or else the berries shall start to loose their colour.
- Pour the batter in a greased and floured tin, I used my loaf pan here and place it in the oven for the next 30 minutes.
- You will know when your cake is ready as the aroma seeps out and the inserted tooth pick comes out neat and clean.
- Allow the cake to cool and patiently wait till your time comes to flip it over. Slice this loaf gently and do not wait to take the bite and SMILE. 🙂
I hope you enjoyed this post,as much as I enjoyed making it. If yes, please like, comment and share. 🙂 Cheers to the cake lovers!
2 Comments Add yours
That looks so absolutely fantastic!
Thank you so much..am glad you enjoyed the post.😊