It had been quite some time away from my food blog so I thought I could try and make yet another spicy and lip smacking treat that can also be such a good match, now that the weather has started setting into the winter mode. 🙂
Zesty Nachos is not something I will claim as my own though the modifications to the vegan version can be called my brain child.:D I had seen this on the menu of an American Diner and I couldn’t resist trying it back home. And once I did try it out, I am so tempted to make it like a quick easy ritual as a starter for guests coming over or just as a comfort cheat snack while getting prepared to watch a movie. 🙂
So here it is. 🙂
- 1 packet of Nachos Chips. ( the ones I used here are organic from the brand 365)
- Veganaise from Follow your Heart. I love this brand and this vegan mayo is so worth a try.
- Vegan Cheddar and Provolone style Cheese from Follow your Heart. ( I generally keep these in stock .:) )
- 1 small Bell pepper or capsicum copped
- Chopped onions
- Chopped Tomatoes
- Chopped Cilantro
- 1-2 green chilies chopped
- 1/2 tsp lemon juice
- Pepper and Chunky Chaat Masala (available at any Indian store) to be sprinkled over. If you wish you may omit the chaat masala. I added it to give the taste a twist. 🙂
♥That’s it. Simple isn’t it.♥
- Spread out the nacho chips randomly on your dish that fits into your microwave.
- Now add all the chopped veggies on top of the Nachos.
- Cover this with the grated vegan cheeses.
- Set the plate into the microwave to heat for a 1 min – 1 min 30 secs and you will see this cheese melt too.
- You may also set your plate in your oven for 3-5 mins at 350F/180C if you have a larger crowd to please. 🙂
- Top it with a spoon of Veganaise and dig into this vegan cheat snack. You will love it. :
I hope you enjoy this as much as I do. 🙂
Happy Vegan Cooking