“When in doubt, Bake a Cake!”
And this time it’s a Lemon Cake.♥
A slice of lemon cake is just so perfect to change your taste buds from the classic chocolate, especially when we are transitioning from the cold winters to the welcoming spring.
This was my first attempt to bake a lemon cake in a vegan way and I will have to be liberal to give it another category, totally separate from comparing it with my all-time favorite, chocolate flavor.
This lemon cake is moist and spongy just as I wanted it to be and perfectly fits in with my coffee and tea breaks. 🙂
Here is the Recipe:
- 3 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups of sugar
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 4-5 tbsp of lemon juice
- About 2 tbsp of lemon zest
- 1 1/2 tsp of vanilla essence
- 1/2 cup non-dairy curd
- 2 tbsp of flax egg ( 1 flax egg = 1 tbsp flax powder+ 3 tbsp of room temperature water)
- Preheat oven to 350 F or 180 C
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a deep bowl and to that add the mixture of the wet ingredients. In the end, mix and stir well the lemon zest to this batter.
- Generously grease and dust a bundt pan and pour in the batter.
- Tap the pan on your kitchen counter to get rid of air bubbles and set the batter to bake for 40-45 minutes, unless a skewer can come out clean.
- Bring the freshly risen cake out of the oven and let it cool down for 15-20 minutes before we can add some lemony glaze. 🙂
For the Glaze:
- Mix 3 tsp of sugar ( or desired sweetness) with the juice of 1 lemon.
- Using your brush from the baking kit, coat the entire surface of the cake with this sweet and sour lime juice.
Allow the cake to cool off completely. I prefer to cool it overnight in the refrigerator and you will not repent waiting that long when you slice a piece of it with your morning comfort coffee. Trust me. 🙂
Pic Source: My Kitchen♥
If you like this recipe please share a word. 🙂 Until then happy baking!
One Comment Add yours