The season is getting better each passing day and everyone is literally going crazy with pumpkin recipes and warm pumpkin spices. Of course, we all have the reason here.
From color, flavor, spices, and warmth, Fall is officially the feasting season with this cute squash fruit as the superstar and its endless possibilities for being transformed into simple yet delicious recipes.
With my homemade pumpkin puree plus many things on my bucket list to try out this fall, Pumpkin Spiced Pancakes was a sure thing to do as a breakfast menu and I’d be honest that this was the first time I tried it and it was delightful.
Moist and warm flavors and the scent of cinnamon in the pumpkin spice made such a big-good difference and now that it has been tested and tasted, will surely be tried again!
*Vegan | Makes 8 Pancakes
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tbsp of dark chocolate chips
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- a little less than a 1/2 tsp of pumpkin spice powder
- a pinch of table salt
- 1 Tbsp of maple or agave syrup
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk, I always use the soy
- some cooking oil
- vegan butter and extra maple syrup for the topping
- In a mixing bowl, combine the flours, spices, puree, baking powder, syrup, chocolate chips and make a smooth batter whisking in the milk slowly.
- Heat your pan /girdle to medium, add some oil or butter (if you like) and pour 1/4 cup of batter on it.
- Once you see bubbles all around, its time to flip the sides until both sides looked well cooked and goldish brown.
- Serve warm on a plate and top it with a spoon of butter that melts on the warm pancakes and drizzle a generous portion of maple syrup on to it and you’re warm Fall special breakfast is served. ❤
What is your favorite fall recipe or comfort food? I would love to know and see what I’ve been missing.. 😀