It’s Vegan and Oh so Fluffy….
We all love pancakes, don’t we? These are quick and easy to prep and prepare, and besides being great for breakfast, these are also excellent for Brunch specials over the weekends.
Since the lockdown began, I think I have tried my best to optimize the bananas in my fruit basket. On a regular day, I have had them with my oatmeals, in my smoothies, baked banana bread a few times, and this time I thought of using them to make some fluffy pancakes.
If you haven’t tried banana pancakes, I have to say that this recipe is a must-try. However, to make it a little more exciting for a weekend brunch/breakfast menu, I added in some cocoa powder and even some vegan dark chocolate chips. After all, nothing tastes better than warm, mushy, and melted chocolate, right?
So here it is, a lovely indulgence of chocolate, bananas, and pancakes to cheer up your mornings.
Vegan Banana and Chocolate Pancakes
- 1 cup all purpose flour/whole wheat flour
- 2 tbsp packed brown sugar
- 1 tsp cooking oil / coconut oil
- I ripe banana mashed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 tbsp Dark Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup non-dairy milk (I used soy milk)
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Mix the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cocoa powder and a mashed banana in a large mixing bowl.
- In another bowl, add the vinegar to the soy milk and let it sit for a minute to curdle.
- Add in the oil and vanilla essence to the wet ingredients.
- Now pour the wet ingredients to the dry bowl mixture and stir to make a smooth batter.
- At this point mix in the chocolate chips.
- Now heat a non stick pan on low-medium heat with some cooking spray oil.
- Scoop 1/4 of the batter and pour it in the pan.
- Flip each pancake when you start seeing the bubbles pop and cook until both sides are well cooked.
- Serve hot with a chocolate or maple syrup of your choice.
And tadaa… you’re done! That wasn’t difficult at all, was it?
Enjoyed the recipe?
Did you try this recipe out yet? If you have and you loved it as much as I did, please drop in a comment, share and help spread the love by sharing a picture on Instagram tagging me @frommyvegandiary.
2 Comments Add yours
Thank you for sharing the post. 🙂