I’ll be honest.
Lately, I have been craving some cheat food, and at the same time, I have been too lazy to make something interesting for myself. Moreover, the guilt trip that starts right after gobbling up on deep-fried stuff and lip-smackers is something that I really dread.
However, I just stumbled upon that today, July 31st is National Avocado Day. Woohoo! Was there something like this before, or was I being a cavewoman? Well, whatever it might be, I had to something with the precious avocados I had, and it had to be done tonight (July 31st) before midnight, to be precise.
My motivation – Celebrate the Avocados, Indulge in Fries, and make an Instagram Post. 🙂 Pretty fair, right?
So, without much drama and delay, let me tell you these fries turned out to be AMAZING!!! These are extremely easy to make, will not kill you with a guilt trip, and you won’t tempt you to run to a fast-food chain for onion rings or wedges debating whether or not they are vegan.
I hope that you too have some avocados in your pantry as you read this post and would love to try out this quick recipe.
Crispy Baked Avocado Fries
- 3-4 avocados
- 1/2 cup of flour ( I used the plain flour, you can choose any gluten-free version of flour)
- 1 cup of non-dairy milk
- 2 cups of Italian breadcrumbs or panko
- 1/2 tsp salt/as per taste
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp red chili flakes
- Some oil to grease the baking sheets
- Preheat the oven to 420 F.
- Prepare your baking tray by covering it with a foil sheet or parchment paper and spray it with some cooking oil.
- Season the flour with the above spices.
- Slice the avocado into wedges.
- Take each slice of the avocado and coat it in the flour so as to cover it.
- Now gently dip each flour coated slice in the non-diary milk and drop in the plate of the breadcrumbs to coat it further. THIS IS THE MAJOR PROCESS
This will demand some patience but a firm and ripe avocado has probably cost you more!! 🙂
- Place each coated avocado slice onto the baking sheet. Spray some more oil on top and pop it into the oven for 15-18 mins.
Oh yes! that’s it. You’re all set to take your picture, and devour these crunchy, healthy avocado fries. I tried making these pretty late at night and it’s a shame that I didn’t have a vegan mayo or ranch in stock. But I sure did have ketchup and these did NOT last long.
I am definitely making this as a starter for the next party at our place. I can’t wait to see the reaction that follows.
Please try this recipe out if your an avocado buff and even if you’re not, its worth a shot. Trust me!♥
Enjoyed the recipe?
Did you try this recipe out yet? If you have and you loved it as much as I did, please drop in a comment, share and help spread the love by sharing a picture on Instagram and tagging me @frommyvegandiary.