I have always enjoyed the idea of a breakfast that is relished with an omelette. Yes, the omelette that was made with eggs!
Well now that I have looked at the brighter side and so much appreciate the thought of being vegan, healthy and ethical to my plate and myself, I constantly keep thinking of wonderful ideas to make a healthy and colorful meal and what better opportunity can it be to experiment with all the goodies in your pantry and the refrigerator over the weekend.
So with all the concept and logic that your breakfast should be the healthiest one, I decided to make a vegan omelette. 🙂
This omelette has no eggs, no egg replaces or substitutes but is certainly packed with all the delight of your excited and new vegan palate. Thanks to my Indian origin that is crazy about food. The level of permutation and combination that can happen in an Indian kitchen is a dose of pleasure to any food addict and I will be honest that the root idea of this savory pancake does arise from the Indian Kitchen and my soul is saved to crave no longer for the poultry omelette any more. So with no more further explanations, I am pretty excited to put down all the ingredients down here and you will know how amazingly simple and time saving this vegan chickpea omelette this one can be.
What you need is:
- A cup of chickpea flour ( that makes 2 of them)
- Chopped veggies of your choice- I used the easiest all time available vegetables like cucumbers, tomatoes, onion and mushrooms being my all time favorite and some chopped lettuce. ( I really love the crunch)
- Salt, Pepper and some Italian Mixed Herb Seasoning.
- Plain water just enough to make a smooth mixture of all the above depending on how thick you would like it to be.
And what you would be doing:
- Heat a tsp of oil in a non-stick pan.
- Once the oil is hot and steamy, add a portion of this mixture into the pan and spread it just like you would desire your omelette.
- Once the face down of it is cooked, carefully flip the other side and in the next 3-5 mins your vegan omelette is just ready to be enjoyed.
So the next time I am poked for loving a vegan diet or the famous nutrition deficiency questionnaire, I am pretty sure I will have a lot more to answer and even more to offer. 🙂
I have completely enjoyed devouring my version of the vegan chickpea nutritious omelette. Please do let me know how you found my remodeled idea of this vegan chickpea omelette and please do share your inputs and ideas for a more fulfilling meal. 🙂
One Comment Add yours