Running short on time or have you had a busy day or is it one of those when you really do not want to spend much time thinking about cooking or in fact- cook.
I am in this position a couple of times in a week and I worship my mother thinking as to how she would be whipping up a meal day in and day out with a persistent smile, for a big family and two naughty kids (my brother and I). It is then, when I had the enlightening bulb glow inside my tired head. Scrambles 🙂
I remember her doing that. Egg scrambles and Paneer scrambles and we used to lick it up all decent and clean. So since eggs and paneer are out the question and my refrigerator, in comes the TOFU. 🙂
I quickly drain the tofu (pressing in between two saucer plates) and with hopes and anticipation, the pan was now on fire.
Your easy ingredients:
I bring out all veggies I have in the refrigerator. 😛
- chopped mushrooms- I love mushrooms
- 1 chopped onions
- 1//2 chopped bell peppers ( I had the green ones and so used them)
- 1-2 chopped garlic
- 1 chopped tomato
- 2 chopped green chilies
- 1 small bowl of chopped frozen vegetables (easiest)
- and of course the packet of Tofu.
- Salt to taste
- Ground Pepper 1/4 tsp
- Vinegar- 1 tsp
- Soy Sayce – 1 tsp
- a pinch of turmeric powder
- while the pan is on fire. 😉 add a tablespoon of oil
- add the onions and the garlic and saute with some salt until soft.
- add the tomatoes and the veggies one by one with mushrooms to go in last if you do not like them too soft.
- add some pepper, turmeric, a tsp of soy sauce and vinegar.
- in the next 5-7 minutes , add the mushrooms and crumble the Tofu and add it to the veggies and mix well until it’s water dries out.
10-15 minutes and there you go, a bowl of steaming Tofu and Veggie Scramble is ready to be served with breads, rotis or even rice.
This has been one of my latest quick recreating food try’s that worked out really well for me. Please do let me know about your savior meals. I would really love to know more. 🙂
Thank you for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed !