Going back to my love for Chinese meal preparations, especially with an Indian touch, I remember loving the flavor of the the sweet and sour vegetables and so it is while remembering this flavor, is what inspired me to cook this lip-smacking side dish. And so glad I nailed it. 😀
This preparation is simple, hassle free, quick and ‘finger-licking’ good. Do you need anything else ? 😛
Not only does this need less time, it can be cooked up with an assortment of some vegetables staring you back in your refrigerator and yes of course some well drained and dried Tofu. 🙂
What all you would need ( for a preparation of 2-3) : –
- 1 green bell pepper (capsicum) diced
- 2 big onion cut length wise and chunky
- Some mushrooms
- 1-2 Jalapenos
- 6-8 baby carrots cut lengthwise ( that is what I had in stock- the baby carrots 🙂 )
- 1 big tomato diced
- 4-5 cloves of fresh garlic finely chopped
- Some slit green chilies
- P.S: you can also use your frozen veggies if you wish too. 🙂
From your spice rack :-
- 2 Tbsp of vegetable/ olive oil
- I like adding some sugar for the sweetness. 🙂
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp of Tomato ketchup
- Cut the drained tofu length wise and shallow fry them to get rid of excess water. ( I generally place my tofu in between two saucer plates and put a heavy container on top and leave it for 10 minutes for the water to drain out )
- For the gravy, heat the oil. Once it starts smoking, add the chopped onions and saute for a minute.
- Add the minced garlic while the onion is still partially raw and saute. This blend gives a wonderful aroma. Add the salt.
- Add the chopped tomatoes and some sugar to beat the sourness.
- Now add the vinegar and soy sauce.
- Its time to add the chopped veggies one by one & stir it on high heat.
- Add the fired tofu in the end to avoid breaking the pieces.
- Add the ketchup and sprinkle pepper and cover the lid, on medium heat, for 5 minutes.
- Check seasoning as per your taste and your quick side is ready. 🙂
Taste perfectly well with some veg fried rice, hakka noodles. We enjoyed it with plain rice as well. 🙂 This can be a quick fix for guests coming over too. 🙂
Thank you for reading my blogs. (I mean it with so much love. ♥ ) Hope you enjoy reading and trying this one too.
Happy eating | Happy Blogging my friends.