Trying to innovate with vegan food is a bliss with these no meat alternatives thankfully available in the stores these days. It just makes me feel happier with a thought that may be- the world is changing for good. Also, with members and friends who have always led a diet that includes non-vegetarian food, this is great way to break the ice. 🙂
And oh yes! it is simple to make, otherwise it would not be on my blog.;)
The Quick Ingredient List:
- A packet of veggie hot dogs ( available at wall mart, wholefoods )
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 green jalapeno
- 1 onion diced/cubed
- 4-5 mushrooms sliced thick
- 3-4 cloves of garlic minced
- some baby carrots
- 1/2 cup frozen mixed veggies ( or any veggies that your heart desires)
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- 1 tsp tomato ketchup
- Salt and pepper, garlic powder to season
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Add the diced onions and the garlic and saute for a while
- Now add the vinegar, soy sauce, chili sauce and tomato ketchup and mix well.
- Add the remaining veggies one by one and stir on high heat.
- Add the seasonings, and serve them on a plate.
- For the hot dogs: microwave / defrost them as instructed on the packet.
- Slit the hot dogs in two halves and toss them in the hot wok with some oil and garlic powder.
- Place these tossed halves over the veggies as in the pic or as you may wish. 😀
You will love this easy and lip-smacking side. Who said vegan can’t taste well. 😉
Re- think, wont you? ♥