When the weekend hits so does the dessert craving and am so helplessly happy. 😀
That made me look into my refrigerator and what I found is some lovely peaches and am almost ready to bake my next cake. I admit that I googled some recipes as I wasn’t very sure to carry out this well and neither had a tasted one before. But what came out of the oven was sheer delight.
Ingredients you’ll need:
For the Fruit Layer
- 2 medium sized peaches
- 2-3 tbsp of vegan butter.( I use the one from Earth Balance Vegan Butter and I must say they are amazing and come in a lot of flavors and it has been so easy to switch from the regular butter. You can check out more of their amazing stuffs here. 🙂 )
3. 4 tbsp of sugar for preparing the caramel sauce and this makes it look golden.
For the cake
- 2 cups of plain all purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 cup of soy milk or plain water
- 1/4 cup of non flavored vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp of white vinegar
- 2 tsp of vanilla essence
The Fruity Bottom 🙂
- Cut the peaches into thin slices and soak them in ice cold water with some lemon juice. This helps them to stay crunchy and retain their color.
- Heat a non stick pan on low – medium heat and add the butter. As it melts, gradually add the sugar and constantly stir till it begins to turn golden.At this point you might see the mixture separate from the butter a bit but no worries unless you are caramelizing your sugar well.
- Pour the caramel and the remaining butter onto a lightly greased baking pan.
- Gently place the Peach slices in a circular flower like pattern or as per the tin you are using. (the ultimate thing will anyways look good. 😛 )
For the Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 360 F or 180 C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients in a deep bowl and the wet ones separately in another.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ones and mix well either manually or with a hand mixer, keeping in mind not to over beat it.
- Pour the cake batter into the tin prepared above with the caramel Peaches and tap the tin on the kitchen slab gently to get rid of air bubbles.
- Set the tin in your preheated oven to bake for 35-40 min unless your skewer comes out clean.
- Allow the cake to cool well for 15 mins on the counter. I know this is a patience test. 😀
- Loosen the sides with a sharp knife and flip the cake over on a serving plate tapping the bottom of the cake pan and it gently pops out..Butterrr magic!
Cut a slice of this warm moist fruity Peach Upside Down Vanilla Cake and enjoy during high tea or high coffee hours. (just made that one up 😉 ) or just whenever your heart craves. Let’s keep it simple! 🙂