I love Gardein Products. I have to admit that I have loved each one of those that i have tried so far and literally can’t wait for the others. I have been an occasional chicken consumer in the past but these products are a such a good alternative in terms of health, taste and food investment. They are also an extremely good idea to introduce to friends and family who are tough people to convince that Vegan food as more variety give a chance. 🙂
To cut matters short 😉 I occasionally have a packet or two of this handy with me in case I run out of time or am let down by laziness. 😛
This packet comes with its own packet of sauce that can add to the gravy but I always like innovating with the flavors and be happily surprised. 😀
What you’ll need:
- 1 packet of Veggie Chick’n.
- 1 cup frozen veggies
- green and other colored bell peppers (if you’d like)
- some broccoli florets
- finely minced garlic cloves
- diced onions
- some thickly diced mushrooms
- 1-2 jalapenos
- 1 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp white vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp chili sauce
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- In a vessel, heat some oil. shallow fry the nuggets as per instructions on the back cover and keep aside.
- In the remaining oil, add the chopped onions and the garlic and saute for some time.
- Add salt, vinegar, soy sauce, tomato ketchup and chili sauce.
- Mix well and add the remaining veggies and cook on high heat.
- Gently add the veggie chick’n nuggets that had been put aside and empty the sauce from the packet as provided.
- gently fold this and cover all the ingredients and let it cook under cover on low heat, for 5 more minutes and you are done. 😀
Serve with hot plain or fried rice and enjoy this delicious meal right out of your kitchen, yet another time. YAY!