I have an extreme fondness for mushrooms especially the brown Baby Bella mushrooms. Not that I am particularly choosy, I also do love the white button mushrooms as well. 🙂 While I seldom feel that mushrooms have been taken over casually just to be considered as an optional or customary pizza topping, Mushrooms can, in general, maybe more than just what meets the eye.
Apart from the chunky texture and its own natural, partially neutral flavors, these cute smurfs also contain dietary mineral phosphorus, riboflavin, niacin, and the B vitamins along with traces of Vit D.
Not only as added ingredients But Mushrooms stuffed with Spinach or any stuffing of your choice can also make them a showstopper by themselves. These mushrooms are ‘easy to make’ appetizers or snacks with a healthy touch. I personally like the traditional spinach stuffing and thus tried this one out. 🙂
- 1/2 to 1 packet of mushrooms
- 3-4 minced garlic
- grated vegan Mozzarella or Parmesan cheese of your choice
- some spinach leaves washed and chopped
- 1/4 cup of sweet corn
- salt, pepper & some mixed herb seasoning to taste.
- 1/3 cup of bread crumbs
- Remove the stems from the mushrooms. Chop them into small pieces & keep aside.
- Scoop a part of the mushrooms out so as to make room for the filling.
- Mince the garlic cloves.
- In a pan, heat some oil and throw in the minced garlic and the mushroom stems.
- Add salt, pepper, and seasoning and cook until the stems become soft.
- Now add the chopped spinach leaves & the corn kernels to it and cook on low flame, till all comes together as a nice moist but not a juicy filling.
- Preheat the oven to 180 C or 350 F.
- Now, line a baking tray with a foil paper and sprinkle it with some cooking oil or spray.
- Place the mushrooms upside down on the tray and fill them with a portion of the filling.
- Top the bottom filled side with cheese of your choice and sprinkle some breadcrumbs on top.
- Put the tray into the oven and allow it to bake for 15-20 mins and you’re done. 😀
Allow it to cool for 2-3 minute and they are just ready to be served and eaten away at once.♥