I haven’t had the inclination to explore much with this rich red colored vegetable apart from just having them party boiled or by making cutlets which of course is wonderfully flavored but most definitely not the most healthy thing to binge on a regular basis.
So finally as the guilt cord struck me, I thought of making a large salad bowl with the Beets as the protagonist and the rest of the veggies that my fridge has in stock for me most of the time and thus arrived the Roasted Beetroot Salad 🙂
- 2 Beetroots
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 Cucumber
- 1-2 Tomatoes
- Nuts of your choice. I had cashews and walnuts in stock. 🙂
- Chopped Lettuce
- Chopped Kale
- Lightly Steamed Broccoli Florets
- Dried Cranberries
- grated vegan cheese (optional)
- and some croutons 🙂
Home Made Salad Dressing:
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Apple Cider
- 1/2 Tbsp maple syrup
And a drizzle of Vegan Mayo which is completely optional
- Preheat the oven to 180 C or 350 F.
- Cut the beetroots into big pieces along with its skin on. Sprinkle some salt and warp them in foil paper. Once they are roasted and cooled, the skin will peel off easily.
- In another piece of foil paper, wrap a couple of cloves of garlic drizzled with some olive oil.
- Place the foil wrapped beet and garlic in the oven and bake them for at least 20-25 mins.
- Meanwhile you can have the rest of the salad ingredients chopped, the cheese grated & the dressing prepared and kept aside.
- Once the tray is out of the oven, allow it to cool down, unwrap the foils. The beet are now tender and can be peeled off so easily.
- Crush the roasted garlic and mix in with the rest of the lettuce, kale, tomatoes and other ingredients.
- chop the beets as per your desired size and mix it along with the rest.
- Finally, its time for seasoning and the salad dressing to go in and a colorful salad is just so easily ready.